Babyem provides the Common Core Skills Training for Ofsted registration.
The Common Core Skills and Knowledge is a set of principles and values. It outlines the skills and knowledge required by childcarers working with children and young people, including, Nannies, Au Pairs, Maternity nurses, teachers.
Common Core Skills Training for Ofsted registration – course content
Ofsted require childcarers registering on the Voluntary Childcare Register to complete a course that covers the 6 common core of skills and knowledge areas.
The skills and knowledge are described under six main headings:
- Effective communication and engagement with children, young people and families
- Multi Agency working
- Child and young person development
- Supporting transitions
- Sharing information
Courses are a minimum of 7 hours to ensure Ofsted guidelines are met.
Common Core Skills Training for Ofsted Registration Assessment
Childcarers completing the Common Core Skills Training for Ofsted registration through Babyem are able to choose to complete the course and gain a certificate of attendance or gain a formal level 3 qualification through Open College Network. In order to gain the accreditation candidates are required to complete course work after the course and send this back to Babyem.
Meeting the criteria to register with Ofsted on the voluntary part of the childcare register
1. Candidates are required to complete a Paediatric First Aid Certificate (valid for 3 years). We deliver Paediatric Courses on a fortnightly basis.
2. Must have completed a course that covers the Common Core Skill and knowledge in childcare.
3. Hold public liability insurance. Babem work with Nanny Insure who are able to provide a discount to our candidates.
4. Candidates will need to complete a DBS check. This can be completed through Babyem or Ofsted
Babyem consultants are able to provide support with completing the Ofsted CR1 registration form. Candidates can also view our step by step on how to register with Ofsted HERE.
For more information, please contact us on: 020 8986 9008 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org