Please accept Babyem Terms and Conditions to proceed. This question is required.
1 Mentmore Terrace, London Fields, London, E8 3PN, United Kingdom
Tel: 0208 986 9008
CLIENT TERMS OF BUSINESS FOR THE INTRODUCTION OF A TRAINEE MATERNITY NURSE
Definitions and Interpretation*
1. 1.1 “The Agency” refers to Babyem, 1 Mentmore Terrace, London Fields, London, E8 3PN, United Kingdom .
1.2 “The Client” refers to a person or family who engages the agency to seek a Candidate for them.
1.3 “The Candidate” means a trainee maternity nurse or other introduced to the Client by the Agency.
1.4 Introduction means the Agency giving the details of a Candidate’s name and/or other personal information to the Client by email, telephone, post, in person or other means. Introduce(s), Introduced shall be constructed accordingly.
1.5 Placement/Engagement means an agreement (written and/or verbal, whichever is sooner) between a Client and a Candidate. Placement(s), Engagement(s), Engaging shall be constructed accordingly.1.6 The headings in these terms and conditions are for convenience only and shall not affect their interpretation
2. These terms and conditions shall in all respects apply to and govern all contracts or agreements made verbally or in writing between The Client and The Agency.
3. The Client declares that the information given to the Agency is correct, honest and complete. By providing data, The Client consents to the processing of data in accordance with the Safety and Privacy Statement.
4. In all instances we act as an introduction agency.
5. The verbal or written registration or instruction by the Client to the Agency to submit candidates for contact or interview shall constitute acceptance by the Client of these terms and conditions, which are non-negotiable.
6. The Client agrees to pay the agency a registration fee of £50 at the end of the first day of the placement (written or verbal). The payment can be made via credit/debit card or BACS.
Responsibilities of the Client
7. The Client agrees to specify their exact requirements and provide full details of the type of work, for which the candidate is required. As part of the newborn placement scheme Candidates are able to support with the following tasks: Bathing new borns , Changing new borns,
Providing suggestions regarding breastfeeding,
Provide information/suggestions regarding accessing local services, i.e Sure Start
Centres, Family information Service and local groups,
Support parents with implementing a gentle sleep routine (if parents wish to do this) , Integrating the new baby into a family where there are already children i.e.
supporting with issues such as sibling rivalry.
The Client recognizes that Maternity Nurses are not required to: Clean up (Washing, ironing, dusting etc...), Prepare meals for the family, Care for older siblings, Tube feed (or other methods of feeding where they would need to be trained by a medical professional), The Client recognizes that the Candidate should not have sole responsibility of the baby / babies at any time, and are always responsible for the welfare of the child / children.
8. The Client shall be responsible for the payment of the appropriate remuneration for any Candidate introduced at part of the Babyem newborn placement scheme.
9. All communication, whether written or verbal, supplied by the Agency shall be confidential.
14. We charge a £50 administration fee, payable within 24 hours after the first day of the Candidate being placed with the Client. The Agency’s bank details are as follows: Families Work Ltd (Barclays bank) ACC: 73604942 Sort: 20-32-00 (Reference: Your name and TMN).
15. The Client shall be liable for and shall indemnify the Agency against all costs and expenses incurred by the Agency in respect of any steps, actions or proceedings made or brought against the Client by the Agency to obtain payment of any outstanding Agency Fees, surcharge and interest.
16. Should the Client cancel an engagement after the first day of the placement the agency fee is still payable.
Suitability and Liability
*18. The Agency endeavours to take reasonable steps to confirm that the Candidate is suitable. However it is the sole responsibility of the Client to be satisfied as to the suitability of the Candidate and to take up any references and confirm any qualifications provided by the Agency/Candidate before engaging the Candidate as a trainee Maternity Nurse.
19. The Agency does not accept responsibility/liability for any inconvenience, misconduct, loss or damage resulting from any negligent, dishonest, malicious or other act by a Candidate introduced or supplied by the Agency.
31. Similarly no warranty is offered in respect of the suitability, honesty, capability or character of any Candidate introduced by the Agency and used by the Client.
32. Candidates are not the employees of the Agency. The agency operates purely as an introductory service and it is the responsibility of the Client to be satisfied as to the suitability of the Candidate.
33. The Agency reserves the right to refuse to represent a Client at any time
34. The Agency reserves the right to change or add to these terms and conditions without prior notification.
35. These terms and conditions of business are governed by the law of England and Wales and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.